Subject: Re: Reboot
From: [email-masked] (Dan J. Rockwell)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 1994 11:57:17 -0400 (EDT)

> 
> Kevin Bjorke writes:
> 
> Forgive me if this is not directly LW related, but I thought there might be 
> some interest. At our LA Toaster User Group Meeting on Saturday a member 
> showed a tape of excerpts from a new Saturday morning TV (ugh...) show 
> called "Reboot", which is a complete CG 3D animation series. It kind of 
> looks like Lightwave, but I heard it was done on SGI by a company in Canada. 
> It is really quite impressive for a weekly (half hour I presume) series. The 
> character animation is something to see if you're at all interested in that 
> kind of thing. It's on Ch. 7 here (ABC) at 8:30, and it debuted this 
> Saturday. I almost fell over when I saw that they can pump out character 
> animations of that quality every week.  
> 

Well I just saw this new cartoon today and well I must say it's impressive. 
But it defitenly has that "computer" look partly because it's based on a
computer theme.  It doesn't look like lightwave, must be SGI.  It looks like
an advertisement for Wavefront's "Game Maker" 3D system.  In all though, the
animation was enjoyable.  They've got to be sucking down some serious power
in Canada to turn out that much animation every week.

On a side note, What happened to BattleTech the new LightWave 3D animated
cartoon.  I hear it's airing this weekend or possibily next weekend.  This
is the series I want to see!

Dan Rockwell